Learn to submit better bids with our bid training masterclasses
Our exclusive bid training sessions expand on the bid toolkit online training content and includes both in room exercises and round table discussions, leveraging real world examples.
Led by a Bid Management Professional
The sessions are led by Jeremy Brim who brings 20 years of experience as a bid management professional across both the public and private sectors.
Jeremy has worked with a wide range of organisations to develop winning propositions and delivered capture and bid management training to a wide variety of audiences from graduates to business leaders.
In Partnership with YPO
As part of our unique partnership with YPO, the UK’s largest publicly owned buying organisation, every session will also be attended by a YPO qualified procurement professional. They will deliver elements of the content, provide unique insights from the buyers perspective and be available for Q&A.
What we cover in our Bid Training masterclasses
Our Bid Training masterclass sessions covers the roles and responsibilities of your bid team members in detail and a deep dives into each phase of the bid lifecycle, including:
- Research and Pursue – thoroughly researching opportunities and their environment to inform the bid decision and to position yourself to win
- Bid Decisions – making robust collaborative decisions on whether you can win, how you will win, and making the commitment of the right resources.
- Win Strategy and Kick Off – developing your proposition, win themes and commercial strategy and then kicking off the development of content, with everyone aligned
- Solution and Story – designing your service delivery model and using storyboarding to develop winning responses
- Write and Price – further developing the content outlined in the storyboards into compelling responses and ensuring you are on track to deliver a winning bid to your client
- Review and Finalise – reviewing and improving your document to take it from a good to great
- Sign off and Submit – making sure you achieve appropriate and diligent sign off of your proposals internally and safely prepare your bid submission for delivery
- Present and Support – preparing a winning presentation and supporting your proposition through to deal close
- Handover and Mobilise – providing a seamless handover of the secured work to your delivery team to set them up for success
Who will benefit from attending
Sales Leads – should attend to develop their understanding of enabling higher conversion rates through: insight and positioning, high quality input into your strategy and win themes, their part in informing your commercial strategy, helping the team to storyboard compelling content and maximising document impact through robust client centric reviews.
Bid Leaders – who are regularly nominated to lead proposals should attend to understand: their responsibilities and required behaviours, how they should select a winning bid team, how to develop your strategy, win themes and solution, their role in ownership of the commercials and risks, how to review your submission to drive quality and to provide impact and how to coach the team to pitch and present with confidence.
Service Delivery Leads – who will be responsible for developing the solution and running the service once the business is secured should attend to further develop: their approach to building winning service delivery models that deliver value and innovation for the client, their skills in leading the deconstructing of requirements and questions to generate compelling content, and how to lead the presentation with impact and capture the clients attention as the lynchpin of the delivery team.
Bid Managers – should attend to build on their techniques and approach to: mobilising bid teams to succeed, engagement of senior colleagues in value proposition development, project management, process and governance of tenders, and how to maximise outputs from meetings and to facilitate high impact reviews. They should also attend to see how they can help their teams take their presentations and pitches to the next level.
Contributors – or subject matter experts (SMEs) should attend to understand the full tendering environment and how to play a winning part in it. They will acquire skills in challenging and verifying strategy, contribution to value adding solution development, and storyboarding and writing compelling responses with confidence.
In Workplace Bid Training
We also deliver our individual or programmes of our courses for clients in their workplaces for their people. We analyse tenders they receive in advance and tailor the day to meet their specific needs to maximise the outcomes from their investment in us.
To talk through your training needs please contact Jeremy Brim at firstname.lastname@example.org