Welcome to the Research and Pursue phase of the bid toolkit.
This phase of the bid toolkit focuses on thoroughly researching the opportunity and its environment to inform the bid decision and to position yourself to win.
- Research the client, the opportunity, their influencers and the competitive environment.
- Business decision on the client fit and appropriateness
- Influence gained over the client
Quality Submission Objectives
- Develop a full understanding of the client, the opportunity, and their drivers
- Try to influence the opportunity to be negotiated without competition
- Where the client stipulates a competition, influence the procurement process and documents to suit us
- Identify the need for any supply-chain partners
Commercial Submission Objectives
- Develop an initial understanding of the opportunity commercially and ascertain its attractiveness to the business
- Highlight any early warning signs of commercial red flags (i.e: onerous contract conditions, credit check on client, etc)
- Appropriate sponsorship and leadership of the pursuit
- Good quality research and engagement with the client
- Opportunity fits with the business plan
- ‘People buy people’. Get the right people in front of the client before the bid lands.
- Invest the time now to fully understand the client, their influencers, the opportunity and the competitive environment – better to know now than once its lost
- Assign an appropriate bid leader early
Our paid tools are designed to support your activity throughout the bid phases and help you to submit an engaging and compliant bid to your client.
Our Research and Pursuit Plan template takes you through how to gather intelligence on your client, the opportunity and your competition to set you up for success.
Ready to learn more?
To view the training video simply click the ‘rent now’ icon. This will take you to our Vimeo On Demand page where you will be able to rent and watch this training module or the full course.